FREE TO THE PUBLIC! CALL FOR VOLUNTEERSl
Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium Schedule
Friday, February 1, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Saturday, February 2, 9am – 6pm
Sunday, February 3, 11am – 4pm
The event programs, presentations and exhibits are FREE to the public.
Friday, February 1, 6:00 – 7:30pm
Opening Reception by invitation only.
- Preview the indoor kinetic art in the exhibition tent located at 114 N. Federal Hwy.
- Experience the iconic outdoor artwork and meet the artists
- Enjoy complementary refreshments
Saturday, February 2, 9am – 6pm and Sunday, February 3, 11am – 4pm
Outdoor Kinetic Art Exhibition
- Cultural District – E. Ocean Ave. from SE 1 st St. to Fed. Hwy. and SE 4th St. to Boynton Beach Blvd. east to the Marina.
- Self-guided tour featuring 12 outdoor kinetic sculptures
- Augmented Reality at each outdoor kinetic artwork
- Otocast App – artists talk about their kinetic artwork
- ASL Interpreted tours begin at TBD at the Exhibition Tent
- Vote on your favorite kinetic artwork
Indoor Kinetic Art Exhibition Tent located at 114 N. Federal Hwy.
- Opening Reception
- Indoor exhibition featuring various kinetic artworks
- Kinetic videos
- Meet and greet with international kinetic artists
- Interactive kinetic art influenced inventions and technological innovations
- Kinetic Art Project – featuring the community project
Weekend Kinetic Art Experiences
- Moving Toward Balance - a one hour community mobile-making experience to promote balance for oneself and the environment (2 per day at 11:30am and 2:30pm Sat., Feb 2 and Sun., Feb 3)
- Kinetic Kanopi – a community project that demonstrates sustainability and kinetic technologies
- Solar Shimmer project – a student interactive kinetic installation
- Sun Boxes – a solar-powered sound installation
- Never-ending nature-inspired cellular bloom kinetic sculptures
Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or modification of policies or procedures to participate in a City program, service or activity, should contact the ADA Coordinator at (561) 742-6241, (TTY) 1-800-955-8771, as soon as possible but no later than 5 days before the scheduled event.