FREE TO THE PUBLIC!
Kinetic Art Exhibit and Symposium Schedule
Sneak preview of selected outdoor kinetic artworks
Friday, February 3, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Saturday, February 4, 9am – 6pm
Sunday, February 5, 10am – 6pm
The event programs, presentations and exhibits are FREE to the public.
Friday, February 3, 6:30 – 8:30pm
Opening Reception by invitation only.
- Preview the indoor kinetic art in the exhibition tent
- Experience the iconic outdoor artwork and meet the artists
- Enjoy complementary refreshments
Saturday, February 4, 9am – 6pm and Sunday, February 5, 10am – 6pm
Outdoor Kinetic Art Exhibition
- Cultural District – E. Ocean Ave. from Seacrest Blvd. to Fed. Hwy.
- Self-guided tour featuring 16 outdoor kinetic sculptures
- Otocast App – artists talk about their kinetic artwork
- ASL Interpreted tours begin at 10 am & 2 pm, at the Exhibition Tent on the corner of E. Ocean Ave. & Seacrest Blvd.
- Vote on your favorite kinetic artwork
Kinetic – Intentions by Elayna Toby Singer
- An interactive “room” among trees that sets in motion aspirations for personal and environmental balance
Exhibition Tent – E. Ocean Ave. and Seacrest Blvd.
- Opening Reception
- Indoor exhibition featuring various kinetic artworks
Boynton Beach City Library – 208 S. Seacrest Blvd.
- Indoor exhibitions featuring various kinetic artworks
- Kinetic video by Gregorie A. Meyer
- Meet and greet with international kinetic artists
Schoolhouse Children’s Museum -129 E. Ocean Ave.
- Youth kinetic activity (Sat. only)
City Hall Commission Chambers – 100 E. Boynton Beach Blvd.
- Presentations and lectures
- Awards announcements
Civic Center – 128 E. Ocean Ave.
- Interactive kinetic art influenced inventions and technological innovations
- Kinetic Art Project – featuring the community project created by artists Paul Slater, Marilyn Walter, Sarah Younger, Boca Bearings, Hack Lab, Teachers and students from South Tech Academy and Boynton Beach High School
- Digital Arts Media College
- Oxbridge Academy’s kinetic golf project
- Kinetic body sculpture video by Noam Ben-Jacov
E. Ocean Ave.
- Bites & Libations by Chef Dane’ Ja
- 10:00 – 11:30 am – Gold Coast Brass Quintet – Ken Wilbanks, Director
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm – Sat. Feb. 4. Gold Coast Jazz Band 1 – Gary Knepler, Director Jazz Studies
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm – Sun. Feb. 5. Donna Singer, vocalist and jazz band
Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication, or modification of policies or procedures to participate in a City program, service or activity, should contact the ADA Coordinator at (561) 742-6241, (TTY) 1-800-955-8771, as soon as possible but no later than 5 days before the scheduled event.